Invigorate your taste buds with this garlic- and rosemary-infused meal. The addition of hazelnuts to this Garlic Rosemary Chicken dish make it high in good fat but carb heavy. So monitor these portions with care.
Garlic Rosemary Chicken with Green Beans
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, dried
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, slivers
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups green beans, washed and snipped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pinches sea salt (optional)
- 1 dash pepper
- Chicken thighs: are high in healthy monounsaturated fats, and cooking with the skin on keeps the chicken juicy and full of flavor.
- Garlic: medicinal properties include supporting eye, liver, and skin health.
- Rosemary: the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds in rosemary help protect brain health and can even help boost memory and concentration.
- Lemon: keeps your breath fresh and supports healthy digestion and elimination.
- Hazelnuts: rich in oleic acid and magnesium for heart support and all-over wellness.
- Walnut oil: is high in the omega-3 ALA, which is good for heart health. It also contains omega-9 which has been linked to healthy circulation.
- Butter: 4% of butter is butyric acid, which has been shown to suppress the growth of mammary tumors, and it can help soothe the digestive tract.
- Green beans: are potent legumes that are full of flavonoids that may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Rub salt and pepper over chicken thighs and set aside.
- Cover the bottom of a large hot skillet with walnut oil, and simmer over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs skin-side down until lightly skewered. Turn chicken thighs over, skin-side up. Add 1/2 tablespoon butter, pepper, and 1 clove minced garlic directly to hot skillet, lightly mix, and gradually move thighs into the mixture. Sauté the thighs with a spoon.
- Add heavy cream to the skillet and mix evenly; then sprinkle rosemary herb over creamy chicken thighs. Cover skillet and remove from heat.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and add 1 clove minced garlic and bring to a sizzle. Add green beans and hazelnuts to the saucepan, turning rapidly until all beans are covered with fat.
- Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle salt over green beans, mix, and cover immediately. Leave on heat for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Green beans should be cooked, but not soggy.
- Spoon chicken thighs with creamy sauce onto plates and nestle green beans on the side. Serve immediately.