Simmer up a hearty batch of celery soup for a delicious midday meal. Before starting your dish, consider boiling 1/4 chicken skin in an additional 1/4 cup of chicken broth on low heat for 12 to 15 minutes to intensify the flavors of your broth stock and to boost your fat content if you’re on a high-fat diet like the keto diet.
Simple Celery Soup
- 5 stalks celery, fresh, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 dash sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Cilantro leaves, fresh, for garnish
Celery: full of enzymes and antioxidants, celery has a stellar reputation for helping to detox the body and reduce blood pressure.
Cauliflower: if you’ve given up grains and legumes, this cruciferous veggie is a great alternative and helps load you up with healthful fiber.
Onion: possible health benefits include lowering your risk for cancer, heart disease, and obesity when eaten as part of a healthy diet.
Garlic: don’t worry about your breath. Garlic delivers way too many nutrients, like manganese, vitamins C and B6, and selenium, to miss out!
Butter: put away the margarine because butter will be better for lowering heart attack risk. Just consume in moderation.
Chicken broth: helps support digestion and gut health. Opt for a no- or low-sodium variety for the healthiest version.
Heavy cream: delivers omega-3s and CLAs. If you can source it from organic, grass-fed cows, even better!
Dill: is great for digestion and is thought to help lower cholesterol.
Cilantro:  this detoxifying herb is high in fiber and vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- Place celery, cauliflower, and onion in a food processor and pulse until grainy.
- Combine celery, cauliflower, and onion mixture with garlic and butter in a large saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture, occasionally adding a dash of sea salt, until the onions soften, for at least 12 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth to the saucepan and mix evenly. Simmer contents until cauliflower is tender, for at least 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer contents to a blender. Add chopped dill and pureè.
- Strain, then mix with heavy cream and a dash of salt. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve.