This vegan carrot soup is packed with flavors and nutrients and is the perfect comfort food during winter nights or year-round when you need something creamy that is also healthy. The addition of lemon, ginger, and extra virgin olive oil add extra flavor and freshness to the soup.
Vegan Carrot Soup with Ginger
- 1/4 stick vegan butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- A dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
Coconut oil: contains natural saturated fats that increase good cholesterol.
Onion: full of sulfur compounds, which help prevent cancer and reduce the risk of diabetes.
Ginger: contains gingerol, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
Carrot: contains beta-carotene for eye health.
Tomato: contains antioxidants, which reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Lemon: helps digestion and reduces high blood pressure.
Extra virgin olive oil: lowers high blood pressure and supports brain health.
- Chop the onion and carrots.
- Mince the ginger and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pot and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and tomatoes, and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the veggie stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and let it simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender.
- Return soup to the pot, add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add a dash of extra virgin olive oil for freshness before serving.