Key lime pie is a favorite dessert, boasting a unique combination of sweetness and tang. And luckily, there’s a way to enjoy a version of this treat as part of a healthy breakfast. Our Key Lime Pie Smoothie is bursting with ripe banana and avocado to mimic the famed dessert’s creamy consistency. Fresh key limes give this Key Lime Pie Smoothie a burst of flavor, while chia powder offers the protein to keep you going throughout the day. This is one dessert smoothie that’s tasty enough to enjoy for breakfast or savor as an afternoon snack late in the day.
Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup key lime juice (regular lime will work too)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon chia powder
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder
- Avocado: is rich in proteins and fats to keep you going well into the afternoon.
- Banana: contains fiber and other nutrients to settle upset stomachs and fight bloating.
- Key lime: these tasty citrus fruits promote healthy digestion while enhancing skin health.
- Coconut cream: offers a host of antimicrobial nutrients like lauric acid to fight infection.
- Honey: may help lower triglycerides and improve overall cholesterol numbers
- Vanilla bean paste: helps reduce inflammation and prevent the development of chronic diseases, like heart disease and cancer.
- Chia powder: is packed with fatty acids and proteins. It’s also full of fiber to promote digestive health.
- Camu camu powder: is a vitamin C superstar!
- Add to the blender or food processor 1 avocado, peeled and with the pit removed.
- Add 1/2 ripe banana.
- Add 1/4 cup key lime juice.
- Add 3/4 cup coconut cream.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey or agave.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, scraping it from the pod.
- Add 1 tablespoon chia protein.
- Add 1 teaspoon camu camu powder.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour contents into a tall glass.
- Drink immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.