Searching for a protein smoothie that won’t leave you hungry an hour after you finish drinking it? If you haven’t tried a smoothie with spirulina, you’re missing out on a sweet, natural way to supercharge your day. Our Super Spirulina Smoothie with protein is a breakfast drink like no other. This green spinach smoothie gets its silkiness from the addition of coconut cream. Plus, a dose of pineapple adds a tangy citrus flavor that’s a delight to the senses. Enjoy this spirulina smoothie first thing in the morning or blend up a batch before your next workout.
Super Spirulina Smoothie with Protein
- 1/2 cup pineapple, frozen
- 1 cucumber
- 1 golden beet
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon goji powder
- 1 spirulina capsule
Pineapple: features manganese to support healthy bone growth and nutrients to protect vision.
Cucumber: boasts a high water content, making this veggie great for overall cooling and inflammation reduction.
Beet: protects the body from free radicals while supplying it with vitamin C, folate, and fiber.
Spinach: contains beta-carotene, lutein, and other nutrients known to promote healthy vision. Additionally, spinach is high in protein and fiber content.
Coconut cream: contains fiber to ease digestion and lauric acids, which are believed to protect hair from damage.
Goji powder: is bursting with antioxidants believed to fight inflammation and prevent chronic illness.
Spirulina: has a 60% protein content, making it a better source of protein than a majority of vegetables.
- Add to the blender or food processor 1/2 cup pineapple, peeled, cored, and frozen.
- Add 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Add 1 golden beet with the peel removed.
- Add 1/2 cup spinach.
- Pour in 1/4 cup coconut cream.
- Pour in 1 cup orange juice, ideally fresh squeezed.
- Add 1 tablespoon goji powder.
- Sprinkle in contents of 1 spirulina capsule.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.